Welcome to the Michiana Amateur Radio Club, W9AB
MARC serves the Michiana area near South Bend, Mishawaka, and Granger in Northern Indiana and Niles and Edwardsburg in Southern Michigan. Club meetings and events are open to all comers, regardless of membership status.
- The next social meeting will be February 26, 2016 at the WNIT building in downtown South Bend. The meeting topic will be the Austin QRP Club Vector Impedance Analyzer (VIA) kit, and it will be presented by Larry Yaw, W9AMR.
- The next board meeting will be February 3, 2016 at the Francis Branch of the St. Joseph County Public Library at 6:30 PM.
- There will be a W5YI license exam session at the Mishawaka Public Library in the Friends rooms on February 4, 2016 starting at 6 PM. Contact Richard Miller, KY9M at 574-259-5325 if you are interested or need more information.
2016-02-01 2016 is under way! January 29 marked the first social meeting of 2016, and Barry Keating (WD4MSM) gave us a great presentation on his Summits on the Air activations in Rocky Mountain National Park and the town of Estes Park, CO with a follow-up about marine radio technology and its relation to amateur radio. Remember that club dues are due by January 31, so the renewal date is already past us! Please renew ASAP for 2016!
2016-01-06 2016 Officers The Board of Directors has elected officers for 2016:
- Bob Irish, W9RCI — President
- Carol Leedy, AC9KF — Vice President
- Mike Ciesiolka, KO9Q — Secretary
- Ray Dalgliesh, KC9IHZ — Treasurer
- Pete Shaw, KB9ZRV — Comptroller
2015-11-13 2016 Board Elections Kevin Hieber (AC9LB), Linda Irish (K9LIN), Robert Irish (W9RCI), and Pete Shaw (KB9ZRV) were elected to the MARC board for 2016. They will replace Clarence Blakley (W9CMB, SK), Barry Keating (WD4MSM), Thomas Madlem (W9DTM), and Keith Wishmeier (WA9S). Carol Leedy (AC9KF) was appointed to the board to replace Jean-Paul Louis (AC9GH) when he moved away in September.
The W9AB repeater operates on 147.225 MHz (+). A 131.8 Hz PL is required.
Membership is open to all amateurs and radio enthusiasts. Download a membership form here and mail it in or bring it to the next meeting to join!