Welcome to the Michiana Amateur Radio Club, W9AB
MARC serves the Michiana area near South Bend, Mishawaka, and Granger in Northern Indiana and Niles and Edwardsburg in Southern Michigan. Club meetings and events are open to all comers, regardless of membership status.
- The monthly meeting for the month of July will be the club picnic, held at Clay Township Park on Laurel Rd. It will be on Friday, July 29 at 6 PM. MARC will provide meat, buns, condiments and drinks. Bring a dish to share!
- The next board meeting will be July 6, 2016 at the Francis Branch of the St. Joseph County Public Library at 6:30 PM.
- There will be an Only One Day licensing session on August 27, 2016 from 8 AM to 5 PM at WNIT. Pre-registration is required! Registration is $25 and includes the testing fee and study materials. Contact Ray Dalgliesh, KC9INZ, for registration. Past sessions have had a 92% pass rate! Please see the flyer and registration form for more information.
- The Only One Day course will include a testing session open to all comers with no pre-registration required at 3 PM on August 27, 2016 at WNIT.
- The next regular social meeting will be in August.
2016-06-27 ARRL Field Day MARC's participation in the 2016 ARRL Field Day was a great success! Thanks to Keith Schweizer and the Field Day committee for pulling off a fantastic event. New radios and antennas were put on the air (including an antenna constructed from wire and connectors on site!), several non-hams visited to see what the hubbub was about, and many contacts were made.
The W9AB repeater operates on 147.225 MHz (+). A 131.8 Hz PL is required.
Membership is open to all amateurs and radio enthusiasts. Download a membership form here and mail it in or bring it to the next meeting to join!